Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cracked.com

One of my favorite websites is Cracked.com. This is a humor website that I discovered from one of my professors. On his personal blog, he posted a link to an article called "The 7 dumbest things students do when cramming for an exam." I was intrigued so I followed the link to Cracked.com. There, not only did I find out about the dumb things students do on exams, but I also discovered the mysteries of Pinterest and stalking techniques.

This is a website of satirical articles about random things. The writers discover whatever they find interesting or humorous and they share it with their readers in a witty, funny fashion. This wit and humor is why I enjoy this website.

However, what I like the most is how each of the writers make writing seem laid back and easy. I enjoy writing but it has never come to me easily, especially satirical writing. It fascinates me how these writers can take a subject, like tips on an exam, and make it interesting with so little effort. I think it takes a lot of talent to be able to do that. 

Another great aspect of this website is the way it is set up. They post the most recent articles at the top of the page so it is more accessible for users. Also, with almost every story, there is a picture to go with it. I think this adds interest and curiosity to the article because most of the pictures are weird and random, just like the stories that go with them.

Overall, this is a good website to check out if you're having a bad day and need a laugh.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment